We are seeking a full-time Operations Manager who strongly believes in the power of youth to join our administrative team. Working closely with and reporting to the Director of Operations, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by managing and coordinating the organization’s administration, finance, human resources, and information technology functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all day-to-day operations of a small office – assist public via phone and email, handle organization mailings, maintain the physical presence and functionality of office.
- Implement standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Communicate and facilitate human resources policies, employee benefits, and practices with team members and interns.
- Manage, distribute, and track petty cash expenditures.
- Maintain media contact list.
- Foster a positive, engaged and inclusive office culture; create and distribute a regular internal staff communication newsletter to share information and best practices.
- Supports the development of agency budget in coordination with the Director of Operations and Executive Director.
- Coordinates the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Work with Director of Operations to maintain development and accounting tracking system
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Serves as liaison with all operations-focused external vendors and consultants
- Provide guidance and serve as point of contact for all human resources activities
- Facilitates onboarding of new team members
- Coordinate physical and electronic filing systems
- Define procedures for record retention
- Plan and implement office systems, layout, and equipment procurement
- Anticipate, maintain, and replenish office supplies and inventory
- Committed to RYTF’s organizational mission.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Strong strategic communication, writing and editing
- Skillful communicator – effectively handle inquiries from broad range of constituents; diplomatic, friendly, and people-focused.
- Well versed in technology
- Great at communicating effectively, including the ability to assess technical needs, prioritize, plan and make thoughtful recommendations.
- One or more years of experience overseeing and supporting a Microsoft Windows Environment and practical understanding of all related software programs and applications.
- Very organized and able to work independently.
- Highly proactive. Strong problem assessment skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in handling and processing confidential information and d
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and the capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlin
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management
- Excellent manager of people and resou
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail, with organizational and project planning
- Must be willing to work overtime as requested.
- High School Diploma, or equivalen
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in the administration/operations function in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a nonprofit organizatio
- Direct experience in finance/accounting, human resources, information technology, facilities management and business principles and procedu
- Advanced-level proficiency and solid experience in a variety of computer software applications (MS Office – especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Direct experience handling content management for website, blogs, social media, and datab
- Physically able to lift minimum 25 pound
Compensation and Benefits: $28,000-$30,000
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For further details about RYTF’s mission, vision, and work, please visit www.rytf.org
How to Apply:
For employment consideration, the optimal way to contact us is via e-mail.
All applications must include:
- Applications must include (all in PDF format):
- Thoughtful cover letter (including how you became aware of this opportunity: job portal, referral, etc.)
- All applications will be received via email No phone calls or snail mail. E-mail applications to: Jobs@rytf.org
- Subject Line: Operations Manager/YOUR NAME
Application deadline is Friday, April 15, 2017
If you are interested email your resume to Jobs@rytf.org .
RYTF’s Youth Organizer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and directly overseeing our grassroots youth organizing and programming. The chosen candidate will mobilize targeted youth throughout the Rockaway Peninsula to engage in leadership development, skills training, and organizing around a range of social, racial, and food justice issues. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruit and base-build with RYTF Members
- Implement RYTF’s leadership development curriculum
- Develop, implement, and manage a grassroots organizing strategy that will engage youth in advocacy and issue area campaigns
- Improve youth participation in RYTF’s campaigns & activities
- Develop, implement, and manage a curriculum that builds the necessary skills of RYTF Youth to act as organizers, advocates, and leaders in youth and adult-dominant spaces
- Participate in membership meetings, staff meetings, professional development activities, and community building events
- Prepare work plans/staff reports to present at check-ins and staff meetings according to schedule
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records, enter information into a database in a timely manner, and compile outcomes and deliverables for funder reports and special events
- Assist in office management tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Capacities
- Experience and expertise in community organizing strategies and grassroots activism
- Solid understanding and experience with social media campaigning and messaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams, participate in cross-departmental planning, and work with a diverse set of stakeholders, coalitions and partners
- Strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start and manage
- Exceptional time management skills, prioritization of tasks as well as ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Flexible work hours, evening and weekend availability, and ability to travel as needed
- Strong dedication to social justice, political education and RYTF’s mission/core values
- Sense of humor, humility, and respect
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking is a plus but not required
(Part-Time) $13- $15 per hour based on experience. 25-30 hours per week.
Far Rockaway, Queens, NY, USA
If you are interested email your resume to Jobs@rytf.org .